Ticking off the Ticks – Newcastle
Dealing with a tick infestation requires modern expertise and equipment, and nobody is better suited to deal with ticks than ABC Pest Control Newcastle.
ABC Pest Control experts use modern, environmentally-friendly sprays to ensure that all varieties of ticks are neutralised on the spot and that they stay away for a long time to come. Using professional help to treat the problem of ticks and other pests means that you, your loved ones, and your pets can relax and stop worrying about the harm that can come from tick bites.
Ticks belong to class arachnids under the order Parasitiformes and the subclass Acari. They are tiny eight-legged insects that measure around 3-5 mm in length and are usually black or brown in color. They are ectoparasites that feed on the blood of mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians.
Ticks, like other insects, are found in all parts of the world where there is a warm and humid climate. They are disease-carrying pests that can latch on tightly to humans or pets, and cause significant discomfort. They carry and transmit a number of bacteria to humans that can cause what we call tick-borne diseases.
Tick-borne diseases include typhus, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Flinders Island spotted fever, Queensland tick typhus (Australian tick typhus), rickettsialpox, Boutonneuse fever, and African tick bite fever. They are the major carriers of Lyme disease and some of its species are venomous like the Australian paralysis tick that can cause tick paralysis.
Several varieties of ticks can be found along Australia’s east coast. In particular, the paralysis tick, the brown dog tick, and the bush tick. All of them are hardened and hungry, making them a persistent foe whose dangers include bites requiring treatment as well as the bacteria they often carry as they infect their hosts. The risk of contracting a disease from a tick, and the difficulties inherent in combating them, make this a job for the professionals.
These parasites use their senses to detect their hosts through their body heat and odor. Pets like dogs usually get infested by ticks when they get in contact with other dogs with ticks.
Ticks: Life Cycle
There are four life cycle stages of ticks: Egg, larva, nymph, and adult.
Similar to other insects or animals, tick egg is the start of their life cycle. After the egg hatched, the six-legged larva should be nourished with blood for it to advance to the next stage as the nymph until it becomes an adult. It may take up to 3 years to complete a full life cycle of a tick. Not all of them can survive up to complete their life cycle as most die when they can’t find a host to feed on.
How to Remove Ticks
Seeing a tick penetrated on your skin or your pet’s is disgusting and you would instantly pick it and kill it. Well, there is a right way to do it to ensure no infection is left by this parasite. You would first need pointy tweezers and rubbing alcohol as a disinfectant. When ready, do the following easy steps very carefully:
- With your rubbing alcohol, clean the area around the tick bite thoroughly to ensure no bacteria can further cause infection.
- With your tweezers, grab the tick head from your skin with a firm grip.
- Take it easy. Slowly pull the parasite up with steady pressure. Do not ever twist it as it may cut its body leaving chances of severe infection.
- Wash the area of tick bite again with the rubbing alcohol or you may also use soap or water.
Ticks: Prevention Tips
Ticks can jump or fly so avoiding them is easier if we know how to. The following are the helpful tips to prevent ticks from infecting you and your pets.
- Keep your vegetation or gardens a distance away from your house as these are the favorite hang-out places of ticks.
- Clean your surroundings with dried leaves.
- Place your lawn furniture in a location with direct sunlight to ensure they are always dry.
- If you live in or go to a tick-infested area, wear light-colored clothes so you can easily spot them in case you got them, long sleeves and pants tucked into the socks with boots, and hats.
- Use safe tick repellant. Be careful not to spray too much of it on your skin and don’t forget to wash it out thoroughly from your skin and clothes later.
Tick Treatment: Contact ABC Pest Control Newcastle
Tick removal is a difficult endeavour, and it is highly important to eliminate the threat of ticks anywhere on a property and to keep them away so that they do not come back to harass even more.
The need to deal with this problem as early as possible is made plain by the fact that ticks lay thousands of eggs during their lifetimes. Longer delays could mean that their numbers will only grow, along with the complications associated with eradicating them.
Contact experts that can handle the problem with care and with effective results. ABC Pest Control team in Newcastle, New South Wales has been tick-ready having solved tick problems for so many years leaving every customer happy and satisfied knowing that they are finally tick-free.
Book for our tick experts now in less than 60 seconds on the website or call 0404130944.